I updated the first post with an update to apami so that it is compatible with mt4 b765+. Important changes:
- can backtest to see how trends would have been formed (need tick data for maximum accuracy, limited to 2 weeks)
- switch to use as an Expert Advisor to help preserve historical moves and overcome other mt4 limitations of indicators
(APAMI does not place any trades)
- simplified inputs tab
- increase accuracy on multiple, same-bar move calculations
- mouseover tooltips show the precise start and end levels for failed and completed moves.
- [Pro] Keep historical moves on chart for study
- [Pro] Longer backtest capability
- [Pro] Remove HUD or implement more advanced HUD
- [Pro] Email / Push / popup alerts when moves are completed
- [Pro] Track Up OR down trends only
- [Pro Plus] Ability to save historical moves to file and recall to chart
- [Pro Plus] breakdown and measurement of volatility across consecutive ticks
- [Pro Plus] volatility-adjusted trend moves based on consecutive ticks over a predefined distance
- [Pro Plus] store historical volatility in csv or display on chart.
- [Pro/Pro Plus] Can be ported to other charting platforms (cTrader, jForex, Multicharts, NinjaTrader, Amibroker, TradingStation etc)
This is a quick install video. Thank you for your continued patience.
The APAMI coincident indicator whitepaper abstract was also translated into Spanish, Malay, and Chinese. They are also attached here.