Sorry maybe I can shed some light, I put together the EA for John very quickly so he could test the basic principles of his strategy. Couple of points that may help those testing it.
1. It actually doesn't even need a different magic number for diff TFs or crosses. It automatically generates an MN based on symbol+period
2. It trades a fixed lotsize of 0.01.
3. SL and TP are fixed as per Johns rules mentioned earlier.
As for the version of Kharmonics, at the moment it just uses the stripped down version ABCDslim.mq4 that John modified.
The reason you need to load the indicator on the chart and the EA doesn't call the indicator with iCustom is because using iCustom with kharmonics in the backtester completely grinds it to a halt if you want to run it at quicker speeds. Grabbing the price levels from the objects the indicator is placing on the chart is a quick alternative when trying to test.
An EA running on a realtime chart would probably be ok with iCustom, but may suffer in high volatility. I'd probably suggest leaving it as is, or porting the pattern code directly in to the EA.
As Mentioned John just wanted to test the strategy. If anyone who doesn't have programming knowledge wants me to add stuff to it, inputs for lotsize, tp, sl etc more than happy to just let me know.
Last edited by fridaystreet; 02-12-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Friday- someone had the idea of multipul time frames of the one2one pattern on one chart, Is that possable ?
Originally Posted by joswald
What does Historytrain do?
Thanks for the explanation Paul. Does the EA have a particular TF it likes?
Originally Posted by fridaystreet
@blott: The EA will functionally work on any time frame, it isn't hard coded anywhere. As for a preference, I haven't personally tested it enough to say which works best. I guess if we can get some good principles in to the EA it should work well on any timeframe.
@trademonster: Multiple TF's shouldn't be an issue from a code point of view. The problem comes again in the performance. It needs to do the same calculations over each additional TF you want to add. Do you want to use multiple TFs to increase the number of trading opportunities, or are you referring to trying to find confluence between TFs as a confirmation method? The latter would probably also add some additional performance overhead.
Friday - yes Multi-Time frame for confluence, (not for more trades) __ it helps keep me out of a trade when conflicting signals/patterns appear on diff. Time frames.
trademonster - I'm happy to have a stab at building some code which can identify confluence, I just need some concise rules to work with. Are you able to provide some examples of what conflicting patterns/signals you are having success with? and what time frames you use in conjunction with each other. For example if the EA is trading on 5 min does it really matter if the 4h/daily has a conflicting pattern? Obviously an EA has serious limitations to how much data it can compare in relation to us Humans :-)
Confluence on the 15m 30m 1hr Time Frames usually works
Correct, when trading on the 5min TF, no need to look any higher than the 1hr.
121 EA Update
See Post#1 for files
Ok, so this is where we are up to with the 121 EA.
- ECN_Broker = True; //set to true if broker requires sl/tp to be set after placing order my broker is ECN, so have to send it without then use ordermodify to add SL & TP
- Enable_ABCD = false; //enables trades on ABCD patterns
- Enable_5_0 = True; //enables trades on 50 patterns (or reversal 121 - C is lower than O)
- EntryBuffer = 10; //number of points above or below signal bar to enter.
- TrailStartPercent = 60; //(0 disables trailing with pSAR) Percentage of target distance to move before starting to trail stop with PSAR
- TrailShift = 2; //number of Bars back to use PSAR value from
- pSAR_Step = 0.02; //standard pSAR settings
- pSAR_Max = 0.2; //standard pSAR settings
- BreakEvenPercent = 50; //(0 disables) Percentage of target distance to move before moving stop to breakeven
- CommissionPoints = 10; //(0 disables) number of points broker charges for commission for breakeven. if I set sl to openprice, my trade is a loser. my broker charges 1pip (10 points). so it moves the stop to open+-1pip
- tradeComment = "one2one EA v0.7";
- ExitZone_Enabled - Enables exiting using time/fan fib rules
- ExitZone_TimeFib - Value of timefib to start monitoring exit of failed pattern
- ExitZone_FanFib - Fanfib level to exit failed pattern after price has passed TimeFib
- ExitZone_MoveWithSignal - Move the exit zone if pattern expands (D Moves past origina signal)
- CloseInvalidPending - Close pending orders if pattern is invalidated (ie the indicator has removed the pattern from the screen. Valid patterns should remain for the duration of the trade)
- CloseInvalidOpen - Close open active orders as soon as pattern is invalidated (ie the indicator has removed the pattern from the screen. Valid patterns should remain for the duration of the trade)
- RemoveExitZoneOnClose - If set to false exitzone lines won't be removed when trade is closed.
- EnableScreenShots - saves screen shot of all order transactions (open orders, move pending orders, move stops)
- EmailScreenShots - email screenshot when created using xpMail dll - only works via a gmail account for free version. dll goes in to experts/libraries folder
- MinProfit_Points - this setting lets you avoid trades with small profit targets. eg 1min TF sometimes it picks up small invalid patterns
- MinRewardRatio - allows specify minimum reward side of the risk/reward ratio ie risk = 1 / reward = MinRewardRatio
- AlwaysUsePending - if the pending entry price violates the broker stoplevels then change the price of the pending entry to the minimum allowed. if false it will just enter the trade immediately rather than use a ending order
Last edited by jtrader; 03-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.