Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 117
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Different Confirmation Techniques for Harmonic Patterns

  1. #41
    Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,496
    @blott: interesting, true. Is there an indi that automatically detects such RSI divergences? ...or manually only?
    Last edited by kor4x; 08-08-2012 at 11:22 PM.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk (pining for the moors)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by kor4x View Post
    @blott: intersting, true. Is there an indi that automatically detects such RSI divergences? ...or manually only?
    Hi Kor,
    Don't know about anything automatic. I just discovered it a few months ago. No idea if anyone else was using it before me. I thought...why not use 'low' to look for lows, and 'high' to look for highs. Made sense to me

    Mike

  3. #43
    Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,496
    well done!

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk (pining for the moors)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by kor4x View Post
    well done!
    Praise from Caesar.....

    You don't fancy having a go at maiking an indicator for high/low RSI in your spare time?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by blott View Post
    Praise from Caesar.....

    You don't fancy having a go at maiking an indicator for high/low RSI in your spare time?
    After a long search I have found this RSI that auto plots divergence.

    Let me know how it lines up with your standard RSI

    Different Confirmation Techniques for Harmonic Patterns-rsi_divergence.png
    RSI Divergence.mq4
    MoneyMaker likes this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk (pining for the moors)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtastico View Post
    After a long search I have found this RSI that auto plots divergence.

    Let me know how it lines up with your standard RSI

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSI_Divergence.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	2029
    RSI Divergence.mq4
    Hi Samtastico,

    Thanks for the RSI indi, but it missed quite a few entries which my high/low RSIs picked up. Is there any way to program it with and RSI set to high and an RSI set to low?

    Mike

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by blott View Post
    Hi Samtastico,

    Thanks for the RSI indi, but it missed quite a few entries which my high/low RSIs picked up. Is there any way to program it with and RSI set to high and an RSI set to low?

    Mike
    I will take a look around as I think I have come across a weight high and a weighted low RSI with divergence,

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    182

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by blott View Post
    Hi Samtastico,

    Thanks for the RSI indi, but it missed quite a few entries which my high/low RSIs picked up. Is there any way to program it with and RSI set to high and an RSI set to low?

    Mike

    Finally found it :-)

    Change the price in the indicator properties to ....

    price =
    // 0 - Close
    // 1 - Open
    // 2 - High
    // 3 - Low
    // 4 - Median
    // 5 - Typical
    // 6 - Weighted


    RSI_Divergence_1.ex4

    RSI_Divergence_1.mq4

    It looks good.... let me know what you guys think.
    Thank you very much for your help and advice I really appreciate it.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Switzerland and Brazil
    Posts
    44
    On a M5 chart I do not really see any advantage of using two RSIs over an RSI set to close...maybe you are just using it for larger timeframes?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk (pining for the moors)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by dakiki View Post
    On a M5 chart I do not really see any advantage of using two RSIs over an RSI set to close...maybe you are just using it for larger timeframes?
    Hi dakiki,

    Are there enough RSI divergences on gbpusd M5 in this chart for you?

    Cheers,


    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Different Confirmation Techniques for Harmonic Patterns-rsi-m5-gbpusd.gif  

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Confirming Harmonic patterns with Divergence
    By jaguar in forum Indicators / Exepert Advisors
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 05:12 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 08:47 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 11:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41